Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to First Aid and Emergency Care.
2. Anatomy and Physiology of Body Systems.
3. Victim Assessment.
4. Basic Life Support: Artificial Ventilation.
5. Basic Life Support: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
6. Bleeding and Shock.
7. Soft-Tissue Injuries.
8. Injuries to the Face, Eye, and Throat.
9. Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen, and Genitalia.
11. Musculoskeletal Injuries.
12. Common Sport and Recreational Injuries.
13. Head and Spine Injuries.
14. Poisoning Emergencies.
15. Drug and Alcohol Emergencies.
16. Cardiovascular and Stroke Emergencies.
17. Respiratory Emergencies.
18. Diabetic Emergencies.
19. Acute Abdominal Distress and Related Emergencies.
20. Epilepsy, Dizziness, and Fainting.
21. Childbirth and Related Emergencies.
22. Pediatric and Geriatric Emergencies.
23. Bites and Stings.
24. Burn Emergencies.
25. Heat and Cold Emergencies.
26. Water Emergencies.
27. Wilderness Emergencies.
28. Psychological Emergencies and Disasters.
29. Lifting and Moving Victims.
30. Vehicle Stabilization and Victim Extrication.