from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Jan G. Bishop is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Education & Human Performance at Central Connecticut State University. She teaches courses in aerobics and fitness, motor development, and motor learning as well as supervising student teachers and certifying students in Physical Best. She is currently student advisor to the CT Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (CTAHPERD) and editor of the newsletter for the Eastern District Association of AAHPERD. She was recognized in the fall of 2006 by CTAHPERD with the Outstanding Service Award and received the EDA-AAHPERD Outstanding Professional Award in 2007. She has co-authored a college wellness text titled Step Up to Wellness and presented at the state, district, and national level on fitness topics. Her background includes co-running an aerobic dance certification program and being Gold Certified by IDEA. She received her M.S. in Physical Education and Dance at Indiana University and her Ed.D. in Physical Education at Arizona State University.
Table of Contents
1. Aerobics, Wellness, and You!
2. Individual Differences: Let's Talk About You
3. Fitness Components and Exercise Principles
4. The Aerobic Target Zone
5. Setting Goals and Reaching Your Dream
6. Posture: A Dynamic Concept
7. Flexibility: Warm-Up/Cool-Down
8. Rhythmic Aerobics: Variations and Styles
9. Group Exercise: New Activities for More Choices
10. Muscular Fitness: Building Strength and Endurance
11. Resistance Exercises: Weight, Bands and Balls
12. The Mind-Body Connection
13 Nutrition and Weight Management
14. Prevention and Care
15. A Lifetime of Aerobics
Appendix 1. Muscles of the Body
Appendix 2. Clothing and Equipment
Appendix 3. Internet Resources