Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
2. Law and Ethics of Medications
3. Terminology, Abbreviations, and Dispensing Prescriptions
4. Administration of Medications
Checkpoint Review I
Unit II. Mathematics and Dosage Calculations
5. Basic Mathematics
6. Measurement Systems and Their Equivalents
7. Adult and Pediatric Dosage Calculations
8. Medication Errors and Prevention
Checkpoint Review II
Unit III. Drug Effects on Multiple Systems
9. Nutritional Aspects of Pharmacology and Herbal Substances
11. Substance Abuse
12. Antibacterial and Antiviral Agents
13. Antifungal, Antimalarial, and Antiprotozoal Agents
14. Vaccines and Immune Globulins
15. Analgesic, Antipyretic, and Anti-Inflammatory Agents
16. Antineoplastic Agents
Checkpoint Review III
Unit IV. The Effect of Drugs on Specific Systems
17. Drugs Used to Treat Central Nervous System Conditions
18. Drugs Used to Treat Autonomic Nervous System Conditions
19. Anesthetic Agents
20. Drugs Used to Treat Skin Conditions
21. Drugs Used to Treat Cardiovascular Conditions
22. Drugs Used to Treat Vascular Conditions
24. Drugs Used to Treat Fluid and Electrolyte Balances
25. Drugs Used to Treat Endocrine Conditions
26. Drugs Used to Treat Reproductive Conditions
27. Drugs Used to Treat Gastrointestinal Conditions
28. Drugs Used to Treat Respiratory Conditions
29. Drugs Used to Treat Musculoskeletal Conditions
30. Drugs Used to Treat Eye Conditions
Unit V. Special Populations
31. Drugs Used to Treat Geriatric Patients
32. Drugs Used to Treat Pediatric Patients
33. Drugs Used to Treat Pregnant Patients
A. The 100 Most Commonly Used Drugs in the U.S.
B. Poisons and Antidotes
C. Common Sound-alike Drug Names
D. Answers to Apply Your Knowledge Exercises and Checkpoint Reviews Index