Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Christopher B. Barrett, Stephen B. and Janice G. Ashley Professor of Applied Economics and Management and International Professor of Agriculture, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and Professor, Department of Economics, Cornell University
Chris Barrett is the Stephen B. and Janice G. Ashley Professor of Applied Economics and Management and International Professor of Agriculture in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management as well as Professor in the Department of Economics at Cornell University where he also serves as the Director of the Cornell Institute for International Food, Agriculture and Development's initiative on Stimulating Agricultural and Rural Transformation. He holds degrees from Princeton (A.B., History, 1984), Oxford (M.S., Development Economics, 1985) and the University of Wisconsin-Madison (dual Ph.D., Economics and Agricultural Economics, 1994). He has published several books and more than 250 journal articles or book chapters. He served as editor of the American Journal of Agricultural Economics 2003-2008, and is an associate editor or editorial board member of the African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics and the Egerton (Kenya) Journal of Humanities.
Table of Contents
1. Food or Consequences: Food Security and Its Implications for Global Sociopolitical Stability, Christopher B. Barrett
2. The Future of the Global Food Economy, Mark W. Rosegrant, Simla Tokgoz, and Prapti Bhandary
3. What Do We Know about the Climate of the Next Decade?, Mark A. Cane and Dong Eun Lee
4. The Global Land Rush, Klaus Deininger
5. Global Freshwater and Food Security in the Face of Potential Adversity, Upmanu Lall
6. Managing Marine Resources for Food and Human Security, Timothy R. McClanahan, Eddie H. Allison, and Joshua E. Cinner
7. Crop Technologies for the Coming Decade, Susan McCouch and Samuel Crowell
8. Livestock Futures to 2020, John McDermott, Dolapo Enahoro, and Mario Herrero
9. Labor Migration and Food Security in a Changing Climate, Robert McLeman
10. Trade Policies and Global Food Security, Kym Anderson
11. Food Security and Sociopolitical Stability: A Humanitarian Perspective, Daniel Maxwell
12. Moral Economies of Food Security and Protest in Latin America, Wendy Wolford and Ryan Nehring
13. Food Security and Sociopolitical Stability in Sub-Saharan Africa, Christopher B. Barrett and Joanna B. Upton
14. Lessons from the Arab Spring: Food Security and Stability in the Middle East and North Africa, Travis J. Lybbert and Heather R. Morgan
15. Food Security and Sociopolitical Stability in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Johan Swinnen and Kristine Van Herck
16. Food Security and Sociopolitical Stability in South Asia, Arun Agrawal
17. When China Runs Out of Farmers, Luc Christiaensen
18. Food Security and Sociopolitical Stability in East and Southeast Asia, C. Peter Timmer