More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 2nd edition with a publication date of 9/7/2012.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
In the second edition of Foreign Policy the ever-changing field of foreign policy is explored first by examining the theoretical and historical perspectives, then the variety of actors, context and goals, and concludes with an interesting range of relevant case studies. In this way, the editors take a balanced approach, presenting the theoretical and practical sides of foreign policy. The expert contributors to the text are a mixture of academics and practitioners which supports this balance. Relevant foreign policy issues such as climate change and EU-Russia energy dynamics are explored in the case study section, showing the growing importance of foreign policy in the real world.
Table of Contents
Preface, James Rosenau
Introduction, Steve Smith, Amelia Hadfield and Tim Dunne
Section 1: Foreign Policy Analysis: Theoretical and Historical Perspectives
1. Foreign Policy Analysis: disciplinary context and historical practice, Valerie N. Hudson
2. Realism and Foreign Policy, William C. Wohlforth
3. Liberalism and Foreign Policy, Michael W. Doyle
4. Constructivism and Foreign Policy, Trine Flockhart
5. Discourse Analysis and Foreign Policy, Lene Hansen
Section 2: Analysing Foreign Policy: Actors, Context and Goals
6. Actors, Structures and Foreign Policy Analysis, Walter Carlsnaes
7. Decision Making: rational, psychological, and neurological models, Janice Gross Stein
8. Implementation and Behaviour, Christopher Hill & Elisabetta Brighi
9. The Media and Public Opinion, Piers Robinson
10. The Primacy of National Security, Brian C. Schmidt
11. Economic Statecraft, Michael Mastanduno
12. Duties Beyond Borders, Michael Barnett
Section 3: Foreign Policy Case Studies
13. Teaching Foreign Policy Case Studies, Steve Lamy
14. Operational Analyses of Foreign Policy Decision Making: the Cuban Missile Crisis, Graham Allison
15. Middle Power Foreign Policy: Canada and anti-personnel landmines, Lloyd Axworthy
16. Neoconservatism and the domestic sources of Foreign Policy, Yuen Foong Khong
17. China and the Tiananmen Crisis, Rosemary Foot
18. India and the WHO, Amrita Narlikar
19. Upcoming Regions: Latin American and Brazil, Arlene Tickner
20. Australia and Climate Change As Foreign Policy, Matt MacDonald
21. Israeli-Egyptian (In)Security: the Yum Kippur War, Gareth Stansfield
22. Britain and the Iraq War, Tim Dunne
23. Europe and Energy Policy EU-Russia energy dynamics, Amelia Hadfield
24. New Actors, New Foreign Policy: EU and Enlargement, Lisbeth Aggestam