Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
VOLUME ONE: 1. Gerard Reed, The Significance of the Indian in American History.
2. Henry Wiencek, The Spain Among Us.
3. Carl Degler, Were the Puritans Puritanical?
4. Edmund S. Morgan, Slavery and Freedom: The American Paradox.
5. David M. Potter, The Quest for the National Character.
6. John M. Murrin, Religion and Politics in Early America.
7. James Kirby Martin, The Myth of Popular Participation in the Revolutionary War.
8. Lance Banning, The Revolutionary Context of the Constitutional Convention.
9. Henry Steele Commager, The Invention of America.
10. Jack Larkin, The Secret Life of a Developing Country (Ours).
11. Thomas Dublin, Women, Work, and Protest in the Early Lowell Mills.
12. John B. Boles, Slaves in Biracial Protestant Churches.
13. Brian W. Dippie, The Winning of the West Reconsidered.
14. Thomas Horrocks, The Know-Nothings.
15. Allan Nevins, The Glorious and the Terrible.
16. Eric Foner, The New View of Reconstruction.
VOLUME TWO: 1. Eric Foner, The New View of Reconstruction.
2. David Brion Davis, Ten-Gallon Hero.
3. Margaret Marsh, Suburban Men and Masculine Domesticity, 1870-1915.
4. Catherine McNicol Stock, Rural Radicals.
5. Barbara Tuchman, The First Anti-Imperialists.
6. David Halberstam, Citizen Ford.
7. Hans Vought, Woodrow Wilson, Ethnicity, and the Myth of American Unity.
8. Elisabeth Perry, Women in Politics Between the Wars.
9. William Manchester, Depression.
10. William Leuchtenburg, The Achievement of the New Deal.
11. Gar Alperovitz and Kai Bird, The Centrality of the Bomb.
12. Sara Evans, Cracks in the Mold.
13. Stephen B. Oates, Trumpet of Conscience.
14. Robert Buzzanco, With One hand Tied Behind Their Back.
15. John Steele Gordon, The American Environment.
16. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., E Pluribus Unum?
Forging the American Character, Volume I: