ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For Principles of Macroeconomics courses at two- and four-year colleges and universities
A practice-oriented learning system that breaks the traditional textbook mold
To help students focus on the most important concepts—and effectively practice application of those concepts—Foundations of Macroeconomics
is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building program that prepares students to use economics in their everyday lives, regardless of what their future career will be.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track. This package contains:
• Encourage students to learn by doing: A Checklist/Checkpoint system provides a practice-oriented framework that enables active learning.
• Command student attention and foster interest in the course: Engaging features draw students into the material, and keep them focused throughout the course.
• Provide engaging, fully updated content: New and updated material on contemporary topics better motivates students to discover the economic way of thinking.
• 0133460622 / 9780133460629: Foundations of Macroeconomics
• 0133485773 / 9780133485776: MyEconLab with Pearson eText Access Card for Foundations of Macroeconomics
1. Getting Started
2. The U.S. and Global Economies
3. The Economic Problem
4. Demand and Supply
II. Monitoring the Macroeconomy
5. GDP: A Measure of Total Production and Income
6. Jobs and Unemployment
7. The CPI and the Cost of Living
III. The Real Economy
8. Potential GDP and the Natural Unemployment Rate
9. Economic Growth
10. Finance, Saving, and Investment
IV. The Money Economy
11. The Monetary System
12. Money, Interest, and Inflation
V. Economic Fluctuations
13. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
14. Aggregate Expenditure Multiplier
15. The Short-Run Policy Tradeoff
VI. Macroeconomic Policy
16. Fiscal Policy
17. Monetary Policy
18. International Trade Policy
19. International Finance