Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology helps you succeed in the challenging A&P course with an easy-to-understand narrative, precise visuals, and steadfast accuracy. Every chapter of the Tenth Edition includes one- and two-page Spotlight Figures that seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide you through complex topics and processes. These highly visual presentations incorporate, for select topics, the “visual approach” that the same author team created in their Visual Anatomy & Physiology book. New Clinical Cases open every chapter and get you thinking about the chapter content in the context of a personal compelling patient story. The Tenth Edition integrates book content with MasteringA&P®, through expanded Coaching Activities, which personalize learning and coach you toward understanding and mastery of tough A&P topics.
This program presents a better learning experience. It provides:
- Personalized Learning with MasteringA&P: Engage with A&P through new Spotlight Figure Coaching Activities, and new Book-specific Clinical Case Activities, and a wide range of other question and activity types–all that are automatically graded.
- Text-art Integration: The popular one- and two-page Spotlight Figures and other figure types seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide you through complex topics and processes. You study the Spotlight Figures in the book, and then your instructor can assign them in MasteringA&P.
- Story-based Clinical Content: Motivate yourself for your future careers with the new Clinical Cases.
- Time-saving Navigation and Study Tools: Better navigate difficult A&P topics through both the book and MasteringA&P.
0321908597 / 9780321908599 Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321909070 / 9780321909077 Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology
0321940717 / 9780321940711 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology
Dr. Judi L. Nath is a biology professor at Lourdes College, where she teaches anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. She received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Bowling Green State University and her Ph.D. from the University of Toledo. Dr. Nath is devoted to her students and strives to convey the intricacies of science in a captivating way that students find meaningful, interactive, and exciting. She is a multiple recipient of the Faculty Excellence Award, granted by the college to recognize her effective teaching, scholarship, and community service. She is active in many professional organizations, notably the Human Anatomy & Physiology Society (HAPS), where she has served several terms on the board of directors.
Ed Bartholomew is a strong co-author with a keen eye for detail. Ed has taught A&P at both the secondary and undergraduate levels at Lahainaluna High School and at Maui Community College.
Bill Ober is the lead illustrator on all Martini titles. Bill is an Affiliate Professor of Biology at Washington and Lee University (Lexington, VA) and is part of the Core Faculty at Shoals Marine Laboratory (Portsmouth, NH), where he teaches Biological Illustration most summers.
Claire E. Ober is an illustrator who works closely with Bill Ober.
Table of Contents
2. The Chemical Level of Organization
3. The Cellular Level of Organization
4. The Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. Osseous Tissue and Bone Structure
7. The Axial Skeleton
8. The Appendicular Skeleton
10. Muscle Tissue
11. The Muscular System
12. Neural Tissue
13. The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Spinal Reflexes
14. The Brain and Cranial Nerves
15. Sensory Pathways and the Somatic Nervous System
16. The Autonomic Nervous System and Higher-Order Functions
17. The Special Senses
18. The Endocrine System
20. The Heart
21. Blood Vessels and Circulation
22. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
23. The Respiratory System
24. The Digestive System
25. Metabolism and Energetics
26. The Urinary System
27. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
28. The Reproductive System
29. Development and Inheritance Courses