This easy-to-understand, user-friendly reference tool covers the three major decision-making areas in financial management:the investment, financing, and asset management decisions . It enables readers to understand the financial decision-making process, interpret the impact that financial decisions will have on value creation, and develop a strong understanding of how funds are raised and allocated by today's businesses. Financial exploration includes the basic time value of money concepts, working capital management, capital budgeting techniques, estimating cash flows, electronic commerce, outsourcing, limited liability companies, strategic alliances, and financial statement analysis. For participants in management development programs, candidates preparing for various professional exams, and practicing finance professionals--such as Financial and Loan Analysts; Financial, Cash, and Credit Managers; Controllers, Managerial Accountants; Lending Officers, and Treasures.
I. INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
1. The Role of Financial Management.
2. The Business, Tax, and Financial Environments.
3. The Time Value of Money.
4. The Valuation of Long-Term Securities.
5. Risk and Return.
III. TOOLS OF FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND PLANNING.
6. Financial Statement Analysis.
7. Funds Analysis, Cash-Flow Analysis, and Financial Planning.
IV. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
8. Overview of Working Capital Management.
9. Cash and Marketable Securities Management.
10. Accounts Receivable and Inventory Management.
11. Short-Term Financing.
V. INVESTMENT IN CAPITAL ASSETS.
12. Capital Budgeting and Estimating Cash Flows.
13. Capital Budgeting Techniques.
14. Risk and Managerial Options in Capital Budgeting.
VI. THE COST OF CAPITAL, CAPITAL STRUCTURE, AND DIVIDEND POLICY.
15. Required Returns and the Cost of Capital.
16. Operating and Financial Leverage.
17. Capital Structure Determination.
18. Dividend Policy.
VII. INTERMEDIATE AND LONG-TERM FINANCING.
19. The Capital Market.
20. Long-Term Debt, Preferred Stock, and Common Stock.
21. Term Loans and Leases.
VIII. SPECIAL AREAS OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
22. Convertibles, Exchangeables, and Warrants.
23. Mergers and Other Forms of Corporate Restructuring.
24. International Financial Management.