Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
For introductory courses in Human Resource Management.
Foundations in Management Beyond the HR Department
Fundamentals of Human Resources Management supports human resources training for all students of management—not just HR managers. The text presents a wide range of HR topics within a single semester of material, and a wealth of functional examples and applications. Fundamentals is also the first text of its kind to make talent management processes a core study.
This Fourth Edition has been updated with practical personnel techniques, real company examples, and new material on business sustainability—and each chapter now touches on important recurring themes in management, including employee engagement tactics, small/global business management, employment law features, and positive employee relations.
Also available with MyManagementLab ®
MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Part 1: INTRODUCTION
1. Managing Human Resources Today
2. Managing Equal Opportunity and Diversity
3. Human Resource Strategy and Analysis
Part 2: STAFFING: WORKFORCE PLANNING AND ENFORCEMENT
4. Job Analysis and Talent Management
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Selecting Employees
Part 3: TRAINING AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
7. Training and Developing Employees
8. Performance Management and Appraisal
9. Managing Careers
Part 4: COMPENSATION AND TOTAL REWARDS
10. Developing Compensation Plans
11. Pay for Performance and Employee Benefits
Part 5: EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
12. Maintaining Positive Employee Relations
13. Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
14. Improving Occupational Safety, Health, and Risk Management
Part 6: SPECIAL ISSUES IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Module A: Managing HR Globally
Module B: Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A: PHR and SPHR Knowledge Base
Appendix B: Comprehensive Cases