Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
I. THE NATURE OF NURSING.
2. Nursing Education and Research.
3. Nursing Theories and Conceptual Frameworks.
4. Legal Aspects of Nursing.
5. Values, Ethics and Advocacy.
II. CONTEMPORARY HEALTH CARE.
7. Community-Based Nursing and Care Continuity.
8. Health Promotion.
9. Home Care.
10. Nursing Informatics.
III. HEALTH BELIEFS AND PRACTICES.
12. Individual, Family, and Community Health.
13. Culture and Heritage.
14. Complementary and Alternative Healing Modalities.
IV. THE NURSING PROCESS.
19. Implementing and Evaluating.
20. Documenting and Reporting.
V. LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENT.
22. Promoting Health from Conception through Adolescence.
23. Promoting Health in Adults and Older Adults.
VI. INTEGRAL ASPECTS OF NURSING.
26. Delegating, Managing and Leading.
VII. ASSESSING HEALTH.
28. Health Assessment.
VIII. INTEGRAL COMPONENTS OF CLIENT CARE.
32. Diagnostic Testing.
34. Skin Integrity and Wound Care.
35. Perioperative Nursing.
IX. PROMOTING PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH.
40. Stress and Coping.
41. Loss, Grieving and Death.
X. PROMOTING PHYSIOLOGIC HEALTH.
43. Rest and Sleep.
44. Pain Management.
46. Fecal Elimination.
47. Urinary Elimination.
50. Fluid, Electrolyte, Acid-Base Balance.
Appendix A: Critical Thinking Possibilities.