Fundamentals of Nursing, 7/Epresents the fundamentals of nursing care within the framework of the nursing process. Hallmark features are a clear and accessible writing style, a focus on practical application with real-world examples and case studies, and an appropriate level of detail for beginners. The book is supported by a state-of-the art technology package to enhance the learning process.Provides the fundamentals of the nature of nursing, contemporary health care, health beliefs and practices, the nursing process, lifespan development issues, integral aspects of nursing, assessing health, and promoting psychosocial health and physiologic health.For Nurses and Health Care Professionals.
I. THE NATURE OF NURSING.
1. Historical and Contemporary Nursing Practice.
2. Nursing Education and Research.
3. Nursing Theories and Conceptual Frameworks.
4. Legal Aspects of Nursing.
5. Values, Ethics and Advocacy.
II. CONTEMPORARY HEALTH CARE.
6. Health Care Delivery Systems.
7. Community-Based Nursing and Care Continuity.
8. Health Promotion.
9. Home Care.
10. Nursing Informatics.
III. HEALTH BELIEFS AND PRACTICES.
11. Health, Wellness, and Illness.
12. Individual, Family, and Community Health.
13. Culture and Heritage.
14. Complementary and Alternative Healing Modalities.
IV. THE NURSING PROCESS.
15. Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process.
19. Implementing and Evaluating.
20. Documenting and Reporting.
V. LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENT.
21. Concepts of Growth and Development.
22. Promoting Health from Conception through Adolescence.
23. Promoting Health in Adults and Older Adults.
VI. INTEGRAL ASPECTS OF NURSING.
24. Caring, Comforting and Communicating.
26. Delegating, Managing and Leading.
VII. ASSESSING HEALTH.
27. Vital Signs.
28. Health Assessment.
VIII. INTEGRAL COMPONENTS OF CLIENT CARE.
32. Diagnostic Testing.
34. Skin Integrity and Wound Care.
35. Perioperative Nursing.
IX. PROMOTING PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH.
36. Sensory Perception.
40. Stress and Coping.
41. Loss, Grieving and Death.
X. PROMOTING PHYSIOLOGIC HEALTH.
42. Activity and Exercise.
43. Rest and Sleep.
44. Pain Management.
46. Fecal Elimination.
47. Urinary Elimination.
50. Fluid, Electrolyte, Acid-Base Balance.
Appendix A: Critical Thinking Possibilities.