Highlights of the 8th Edition:
- A timely new chapter—Chapter 4, The Nurse’s Role in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety—responds to multiple imperatives in today’s health care, helping students understand systems that promote exceptional care in a complex environment.
- Case scenarios that open each chapter show nurses thinking holistically and reflecting on critical thinking questions.
- All-new, richly illustrated concept maps, ideal for visual learners, apply the nursing process and critical thinking to the chapter-opening case scenarios.
- PICO (patient/problem, intervention, comparison, outcome) displays illustrate examples of a structured, evidence-based way to find answers to clinical questions related to the chapter-opening case scenarios.
- Concept Mastery Alerts improve students’ understanding of potentially confusing topics, as identified by Misconception Alerts in Lippincott’s Adaptive Learning Powered by prepU.
- Apply Your Critical Thinkingfeatures guide students to explore concepts and situations more deeply. Answers in Appendix B allow students to check their thinking.
- Patient Care Plans and Procedures sections (including some newly added procedures) help students transition from the classroom to nursing practice.
- NCLEX-style Review Questions prepare students for success on the NCLEX exam.
- A robust ancillary package is provided for instructors and students.