Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
A comprehensive introduction and up-to-date reference to SiC power semiconductor devices covering topics from material properties to applications
Based on a number of breakthroughs in SiC growth and technologies done in the 1980s and 1990s, the world-first Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs) were released as commercial products in 2001. Since then the SiC SBD market has grown remarkably and the diodes have been implemented into a variety of power supplies, including motor control and air conditioners. In this wide-ranging book, the authors draw on their considerable experience in this field to present an introduction to SiC applications, as well as providing a useful reference for those already working in this fast-moving technology. Fundamentals of Silicon Carbide Technology introduces the basic properties of SiC materials as well as the fundamental technologies of SiC devices. The main topics include the physical properties, bulk and epitaxial growth, characterization of electrical and optical properties, extended and point defects, device processing, design and fabrication of devices, and applications of SiC devices.
- A complete introduction to the fundamental aspects of silicon carbide (SiC) materials science, processes, devices and power systems
- Covers applications such as power supplies, motor control, photovoltaic converters, high-voltage converters/inverters, radar, wireless communication, high-temperature electronics and sensors
- The proliferation of SiC power devices will contribute to less environmental pollution and the conservation of fossil fuels through its energy saving properties
- Fully illustrated throughout, and written by acknowledged experts with over 20 years’ experience in SiC research
Ideal for Graduate students and researchers in semiconductor devices, sensor design, high temperature electronics and power electronics, electronic material properties, and crystal growth.