ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Following Gente: Nivel basico in its philosophy and task-based approach to teaching and learning a second language, with Gente: Nivel intermedio students learn intermediate level Spanish through interaction and collaborative work.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Task-based Approach — Learners are encouraged to collaboratively interact with authentic language through a series of carefully-sequenced communicative activities and real-life tasks. "Tasks” are collaborative projects that integrate speaking, listening, reading and writing to complete them with the skills that are needed to communicate effectively in the real world. With Gente: Nivel intermedio students learn by doing, communicate with a purpose and emerge as truly independent learners with the confidence to speak Spanish in a spontaneous, natural way.
- Connect with Culture — Cultural topics of current interest in the Spanish-speaking world are introduced in every chapter and the opportunity for cross-cultural reflection is encouraged throughout the program.
- Explore Grammar — Gente: Nivel intermedio seeks to provide learners with an integral approach to grammar, by which forms are associated with conveying meaning. The approach to grammar goes beyond the presentation and practice of linguistic forms. Each activity found in the program encourages the establishment of connections between forms and meanings, as well as the use of those forms in context. Working on grammar in Gente: Nivel intermedio not only entails the development of accuracy, but also the development of fluency and discourse. Sections that support grammar instruction and learning are the Consultorio lingüístico and the quick grammar reference section located next to the grammar activities found in the Gramática en contexto.
- Build Vocabulary — Readers learn vocabulary through contextualized activities found throughout the chapters.
- Develop Skills — All sections in each chapter of the program are geared towards interaction, negotiation of meaning, and development of listening, reading, speaking and writing.
MySpanishLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySpanishLab access, please visit: www.mylanguagelabs.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySpanishLab 24-month access (ISBN: 0205876900 ).