Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
A COMPREHENSIVE, LEARNER-FRIENDLY INTRODUCTION TO CLINICAL OPTICS
Geometrical and Visual Optics, Second Edition is a rigorous, yet highly accessible text that expertly combines basic optics with clinical applications in a way that brings key optometry topics to life. It emphasizes a vergence approach to geometrical and visual optics, reinforcing its fundamental utility in clinical practice. Featuring an open, workbook-style design, the book avoids unnecessary math and focuses on those optical concepts and problem-solving skills that are the cornerstones of contemporary clinical eye care.
If you are an optometry student who wants to gain a complete, intuitive understanding of geometrical and visual optics, Geometrical and Visual Optics belongs on your reference shelf.
- In-depth coverage of geometrical and visual optics spans the full spectrum of topics, from refraction at spherical surfaces, to thin and thick lenses, to depth of field, ametropia, magnification, retinal image size, and reflection
- Focus on the vergence approach provides a conceptual paradigm for the book and underscores its strategic application in clinical practice
- Valuable chapter on basic terms and concepts reviews light sources, rays, and pencils; vergence; and refraction and Snell's law
- Primary emphasis on core concepts, with a minimum of formulae and superfluous mathematics
- Chapter-ending self-assessment problems of varying complexity--with worked-out answers--and two comprehensive practice examinations with answers
- Exceptional pedagogy, including concept-clarifying figures and chapter summaries with key formulae
PRAISE FOR DR. STEVEN SCHWARTZ:
Like his popular book, Visual Perception: A Clinical Orientation, Dr. Schwartz offers a foundational optics text for eye care professionals in training and those seeking a concise review. Dr. Schwartz's contributions to our collective success remain unmatched. -- Jeff Rabin, Optometry and Vision Science