Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Jorg Echternkamp is Research Associate, Militargeschichtliches Forschungsamt (Research Institute for Military History), Potsdam
Table of Contents
Part One: Perceptions and Assigned Meanings
1. Introduction to Part One, Jorg Echternkamp
2. Nationalism in German War Society 1939-1945, Sven Oliver Muller
3. Total Entertainment? Cultural Warfare 1939-1945: Film, Radio, and Theatre, Birthe Kundrus
4. 'The War and the Jews': Nazi Propaganda in the Second World War, Jeffrey Herf
5. The Decline of Interpretative Power: National Socialist Propaganda during the War, Aristotle A. Kallis
6. Moods in Wartime: The Emotions Expressed in Forces Mail, Katrin A. Kilian
7. Talking to the lVolksgemeinschaftr: German War Society as seen by the Western Allies through Front-Line Interrogations, Rafael A. Zagovec
8. 'Human Leadership' in Armament Companies in the National Socialist War Economy, Georg Wagner-Kyora
Part Two: Aliens in war-time everyday life
1. Introduction to Part Two, Jorg Echternkamp
2. Social Differentiation of Foreign Civilian Workers, Prisoners of War, and Detainees in the Reich, Mark Spoerer
3. Forced labour in agriculture, Ela Hornung, Ernst Langthaler, and Sabine Schweitzer
4. Forced labour in industry, Oliver Rathkolb
5. German Policy on Prisoners of War, 1939 to 1945, Rudiger Overmans
6. Limits to German Rule: Conditions for and Results of the Occupation of the Soviet Union, Bernhard Chiari
7. 'Everything will be totally changed.' German Society and the War: A Summing-Up, Hans-Ulrich Thamer