Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Get Fit, Stay Well! gives you the targeted, personalized guidance you need to get started, keep motivated, and approach the next level in their own fitness & wellness.
The Third Edition provides dynamic media, content that activates learning, and personalized approaches to fitness and wellness that you can apply to life. Maintaining the highly praised hallmarks of previous editions–integrated case studies, three-pronged labs, a fresh graphical approach, and extensive strength training and flexibility photos and videos–this edition further engages you by including vibrant GetFitGraphic infographics to inspire thinking and discussion. QR codes in the book allows you to easily access exercise videos and fitness programs right on their smartphones. Instructors can track and assess your progress with the easy-to-use MasteringHealth.
Included with Get Fit, Stay Well!, MasteringHealth is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping you quickly master concepts. You'll benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep you on track and prepared for lecture.The Brief Edition contains chapters 1-10 of the "full edition" of Get Fit, Stay Well!, with a focus on fitness topics, nutrition, weight, stress, and preventing cardiovascular disease.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Get Fit, Stay Well! Third Edition will:
- Personalize Learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches you through the toughest fitness and wellness topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of fitness to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Engage Students with Dynamic Tools: Online resources and a mobile website for personal fitness and wellness programs guide you through every chapter and encourage healthy changes.
- Activate Learning with Real-world Fitness & Wellness Topics: A modern presentation of strength training as well as two new wellness programs brings fitness and wellness to life.
- Encourage Behavior Change: Labs, case studies, and new tips for making healthy changes helps you learn what they need to do to become fit and well for life.
- Keep Students Motivated: New GetFitGraphics and reflection questions in the labs keeps you on track.
0321944445 / 9780321944443 Get Fit, Stay Well! Brief Edition Plus MasteringHealth with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of:
032194917X / 9780321949172 Get Fit, Stay Well! Brief Edition
0321957393 / 9780321957399 MasteringHealth with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Get Fit, Stay Well!
Dr. Rebecca J. Donatelle is an Associate Professor of Health Promotion and Behavior Coordinator of the Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a Ph.D. in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist. She teaches courses in Health Behaviors, Infectious Diseases, Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, and Violence and Public Health, and has taught thousands of students in health-related fields over the years. As a researcher and behavioral scientist with an emphasis on intervention science, much of her work has focused on women’s health and the health of elderly populations. Her research has been published in numerous journals, and she has been a guest speaker and presenter at professional conferences throughout the country. Dr. Donatelle is also the author of the highly successful introductory health textbooks Access to Health and Health: The Basics, published by Benjamin Cummings.
Dr. Tanya R. Littrell is a full-time faculty member in Fitness Technology and Physical Education at Portland Community College in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Littrell worked as a fitness director for many years before attending graduate school at Oregon State University, where she earned both a master’s degree in Human Performance/Exercise Physiology and a doctoral degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology. Dr. Littrell has been teaching lifetime fitness classes for undergraduates since 1998.