Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Preface Kenneth Lapatin, Curator, Getty Villa Museum
List of Abbreviations
Introduction C. A. Faraone & D. Obbink
Greek Text and Translation
Photographs and Drawings
1. The Getty Hexameters: Date, Author, Place of Composition, Jan Bremmer
2. The Language of the Hexameter Verses from Selinous Variants and Archetypes, Richard Janko
3. Spoken and Written Boasts in the Getty Hexameters, Christopher A. Faraone
4. The Ephesia grammata: Genesis of a Magical Formula, Alberto Bernabe
5. The Ephesia grammata:NBLogos Orphaikos or Apolline Alexima Pharmakaa
6. Magical Verses on a Lead Tablet: Amulet or Anthologya
7. Myth and the Getty Hexameters, Sarah Iles Johnston
8. The Immortal Words of Paean, Ian Rutherford
9. Poetry and the Mysteries, Dirk Obbink
Appendix: The Lead Tablet from Phalasarna