Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Global Communication is the most definitive text on multi-national communication and media conglomerates, exploring how global media influences both audiences and policy makers around the world. This new edition is comprehensively updated to reflect the many fast moving developments associated with this dynamic field.
List of Figures and Tables
Notes on Contributors
1. Global Communication: Background
2. Development Research Traditions and Global Communication
3. The Message: The Role of International Organizations
4. Public Diplomacy: New Dimensions and Implications
5. The Medium: Global Technologies and Organizations
6. Internet: The Evolving Frontier
7. American Multimedia Conglomerates
8. Non-US Stakeholders of Multimedia Conglomerates
9. Euromedia: Integration and Cultural Diversity in a Changing Media Landscape
10. Global Issues, Music, and MTV
11. CNN: International Role, Impact, and Global Competitors
12. The Roles of Global News Agencies
13. Arab Media and the Al-Jazeera Effect
14. Media Globalization in Asia
15. The Role of Global Advertising
16. Summary and Conclusions