Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
ROBERT O'BRIEN holds the LIUNA/ Enrico Henry Mancinelli Professorship in Global Labour Issues at McMaster University, Canada. He has published books and articles on the subjects of international trade, global labour issues, social movements and international economic institutions, global social policy.MARC WILLIAMS is Professor of International Relations, University of New South Wales, Australia. His research focuses on global environmental politics, social movements, and global economic governance.
Table of Contents
PART I: THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVES
1. Theories of Global Political Economy
2. International Political Economy and Its Methods
PART II: EVOLUTION
3. Forging a World Economy 1400-1800
4. Industry, Empire and War 1800-1945
5. Growing a Global Economy 1945-2010
PART III: DYNAMICS
6. International Trade
7. Transnational Production
8. The Global Financial System
9. Global Division of Labour
11. Economic Development
12. Global Environmental Change
15. Governing the Global Political Economy