Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
PART I: GLOBAL UNIVERSITY RANKINGS: HISTORY, CONCEPTS AND INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENTS
1. Introduction; Tero Erkkilä
2. The Impact of Rankings on the European Higher Education Landscape; Barbara M. Kehm
3. Global, Asian and European Backgrounds of Global University Rankings; Bob Reinalda
PART II: UNIVERSITY RANKINGS AND INSTITUTIONAL COMPETITION: COMMODIFICATION, STRATIFICATION AND UNIFORMITY
4. Convergence and Divergence in Research, Higher Education and Innovation
Policies; Antti Pelkonen and Tuula Teräväinen
5. Buffer, Filter or Channel? Åse Gornitzka
6. The Drift to Conformity; Jon Nixon
7. Polish Higher Education and the Global Academic Competition; Dorota Dakowska
8. Reforming Higher Education Institutions in Finland; Tero Erkkilä and Ossi Piirone
PART III: UNIVERSITY RANKINGS AND DISCIPLINARITY: CHALLENGES FOR SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES
9. Measuring Excellence in Social Sciences and Humanities; Arto Mustajoki
10. Ranking European Social Science and Stratifying Global Knowledge; Niilo Kauppi
11. Global Disciplinary Rankings and Images of Quality; Erkki Berndtson
12. The Colonization of the Academic Field by Rankings; Richard Münch
PART IV: CONCLUSIONS
13. Global Rankings as a Marker of Revaluing the University; James H. Mittelman
14. Conclusions; Tero Erkkilä