Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
John Baylis is Pro-Vice Chancellor and Professor of Politics and International Relations at University of Wales, Swansea.
Steve Smith is Vice-Chancellor and Professor of International Politics at University of Exeter.
Patricia Owens is Senior Lecturer in International Politics at Queen Mary, University of London.
Table of Contents
*=New to this Edition
Introduction, John Baylis, Steve Smith, and Patricia Owens
1. Globalization and Global Politics, Anthony McGrew
PART ONE: THE HISTORICAL CONTEXT
2. The Evolution of International Society, David Armstrong
3. International History, 1900-1999, Len Scott
4. From the Cold War to the War on Terror, Michael Cox
PART TWO: THEORIES OF WORLD POLITICS
5. Realism, Tim Dunne and Brian C. Schmidt
6. Liberalism, Tim Dunne
7. Contemporary Mainstream Approaches: Neo-Realism and Neo-Liberalism, Steven L. Lamy
8. Marxist and Critical Theories of International Relations, Stephen Hobden and Richard Wyn Jones
9. Social Constructivism, Michael Barnett
* 10. Post Structuralism, Lene Hansen
* 11. Post Colonialism, Christine Sylvester
12. International Ethics, Richard Shapcott
PART THREE: STRUCTURES AND PROCESSES
13. The Changing Character of War, Mike Sheehan
14. International and Global Security, John Baylis
15. International Political Economy in an Age of Globalization, Ngaire Woods
16. Gender in World Politics, J. Ann Tickner
17. International Law, Christian Reus-Smit
18. International Regimes, Richard Little
19. The United Nations, Paul Taylor and Devon Curtis
20. Transnational Actors and International Organizations in Global Politics, Peter Willetts
PART FOUR: INTERNATIONAL ISSUES
21. Environmental Issues, John Vogler
22. Terrorism and Globalization, James D. Kiras
23. Nuclear Proliferation, Darryl Howlett
24. Nationalism, John Breuilly
25. Culture in World Affairs, Simon Murden
26. Regionalism in International Affairs, Edward Best and Thomas Christiansen
* 27. Global Trade and Finance, Matthew Watson
* 28. Poverty, Development, and Hunger, Tony Evans
29. Human Security, Amitav Acharya
* 30. Human Rights, Jack Donnelly
31. Humanitarian Intervention in World Politics, Alex J. Bellamy and Nicholas J. Wheeler
PART FIVE: GLOBALIZATION IN THE FUTURE
32. Globalization and the Transformation of Political Community, Andrew Linklater
33. Globalization and the Post-Cold War Order, Ian Clark