More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 3/28/2014.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Dan Stone is Professor of Modern History at Royal Holloway, University of London. He is a historian of ideas who has written or edited fourteen books on subjects including the Holocaust, genocide, fascism and eugenics, including the The Oxford Handbook of Postwar European History.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Rise of the Postwar Consensus
1. Consensus Enforced: Eastern Europe, 1944-1953
2. Consensus of Silence: Western Europe, 1944-1953
Part II: Boom to Bust
3. Golden Year: Western Europe, 1953-1975
4. Catching Up? Eastern Europe, 1953-1975
Part III: Shock Treatment
5. Neo-Liberalism: Western Europe, 1975-1989
6. Gerontocracy: Eastern Europe, 1975-1989
Part IV: The Fall of the Postwar Consensus
7. Consensus Shattered
8. Memory Wars