Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Updated in a new 11th edition, Government in America: People, Politics, and Policy, illustrates the impact that government has on the daily lives of each and every American, particularly its effect on students. Designed around the theme that “politics matters,” this descriptive text emphasizes public policy what government actually does. It contains recent political developments and policy on the global economic recession and addresses President Barack Obama’s impact on our current government.
The brief edition is a streamlined version of this bestseller.
Edwards, George C. III; Wattenberg, Martin P.; Lineberry, Robert L., Government in America Brief, Study Edition, with L.P. com access card, 6th Edition This Study Edition of Edwards' popular brief text is certain to improve readers understanding in American government. Contains an abundance of free quizzes to test your knowledge on American politics. Technology advantage free subscription to LongmanParticipate in every new copy of the book! LongmanParticipate is a revolutionary website that is sure to engage readers in the topic of American government. For those interested in American government.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Government in America.
2. The Constitution.
4. Civil Liberties and Public Policy.
5. Civil Rights and Public Policy.
6. Public Opinion and Political Action.
7. The Mass Media and the Political Agenda.
8. Political Parties.
9. Campaigns and Voting Behavior.
10. Interest Groups.
12. The Presidency.
13. The Federal Bureaucracy.
14. The Federal Courts.
15. Congress, the President, and the Budget: The Politics of Taxing and Spending.
16. Social Welfare Policymaking.
17. National Security Policy Making.