Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Government in America.
I. CONSTITUTIONAL FOUNDATIONS.
2. The Constitution.
4. Civil Liberties.
5. Civil Rights.
II. PEOPLE AND POLITICS.
6. Public Opinion and Political Action.
7. The Mass Media.
8. Political Parties.
9. Nominations and Campaigns.
10. Elections and Voting Behavior.
11. Interest Groups.
III. THE POLICY MAKERS.
13. The Presidency.
14. The Congress, the President, and the Budget.
15. Federal Bureaucracy.
16. The Federal Courts.
17. Economic Policymaking.
18. Social Welfare Policymaking.
19. Policymaking for Healthcare and Environment.
20. Foreign and Defense Policymaking.
V. STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT.
21. The New Face of State and Local Government.
The Declaration of Independence.
Federalist No. 10.
Federalist No. 51.
The Constitution of the United States.
Presidents of the United States: 1789-2000.
Party Control of the Presidency, Senate, and House in the 20th Century.
Supreme Court Justices Serving in the 20th Century.
Key Terms in Spanish.