Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Unique to Government Matters, the narrative tells the story of the making and developing of our distinctly American Democracy. It not only inspires students to ask “Why are we the way we are?” but also gives them the knowledge and context they need to answer for themselves, “Why does it matter?” Government Matters’ unique approach to the material and market-leading digital tools make this an ideal solution to course goals.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Foundations of American Democracy
1. Democracy and American Politics
2. The Founding and the Constitution
Part 2: Civil Liberties and Civil Rights
4. Civil Liberties
5. Civil Rights
Part 3: People and Politics
6. Public Opinion and Political Socialization
7. Political Parties
8. Nominations and Elections
9. Participation, Voting Behavior, and Campaigns
10. Interest Groups
11. Media and Politics
Part 4: Institutions of American Democracy
13. The Presidency
14. The Bureaucracy
15. The Judiciary
Part 5: Public Policy
16. The Economy and the National Budget
17. Domestic Policy
18. Foreign and National Security Policy
A. The Declaration of Independence
B. The Constitution of the United States of America
C. Federalist no. 10 (James Madison)
D. Federalist no. 51 (James Madison)