Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Depression and Recovery in the 1930s: An Overview, Nicholas Crafts
2. The 1930s: Understanding the Lessons, Nicholas Crafts and Peter Fearon
3. Europe's Great Depression: coordination failure after the First World War, Nikolaus Wolf
4. Reparations, Deficits, and Debt Default: The Great Depression in Germany, Albrecht Ritschl
5. Disintegration of the International Economy between the Wars, Forrest Capie
6. The Political Lessons of Depression-era Banking Reform, Charles Calomiris
7. The Banking Panics in the United States in the 1930s: Some Lessons for Today, Michael Bordo and John Landon-Lane
8. Can Contractionary Fiscal Policy be Expansionary? Consolidation, Sustainability, and Fiscal Policy Impact in Britain in the 1930s, Roger Middleton
9. US Monetary and Fiscal Policy in the 1930s, Price Fishback
10. What was New about the New Deal?, Price Fishback and John Wallis
11. Labour Markets in the Interwar Period and Economic Recovery in the UK and the USA, Timothy J. Hatton and Mark Thomas
12. Economic Growth and Recovery in the United States: 1919-1941, Alexander J. Field
13. Blood and Treasure: Exiting the Great Depression and Lessons for Today, Kris James Mitchener and Joseph Mason
14. Fetters of Gold and Paper, Barry Eichengreen and Peter Temin