Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Ian Worthington BA (Hons), Ph.D. is Emeritus Professor of Corporate Sustainability in the Leicester Business School at De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. In an academic career spanning over 30 years, Ian has taught on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses on business and management, specializing in the external context of business, greening the firm, and corporate social responsibility. His research has been published in a range of international, peer-reviewed journals including Long Range Planning, the Journal of Business Ethics, Public Administration and Environment and Planning. Ian is co-author (with C. B. Britton) of the UK and Europe's best-selling book on the business environment, The Business Environment, currently in its sixth edition, and he has acted as a consultant to a variety of private and public sector bodies, including the European Commission.
Table of Contents
SECTION ONE: MAPPING THE TERRITORY
1. Organizations and the Natural Environment: the Two Faces of Business
SECTION TWO: GREENING BUSINESS IN CONTEXT
2. The Emergence of Corporate Environmentalism
3. Government, Business, and the Natural Environment: Policy Instruments
SECTION THREE: THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL PERSPECTIVES
4. Why Firms Go Green: Drivers and Motivations
5. Models of Corporate Greening
6. Examining the Business Case for Corporate Greening
7. SMEs and the Environment
SECTION FOUR: GREENING BUSINESS IN PRACTICE
8. Green Strategies
9. Environmental Management Systems
10. Greening Business Functions
SECTION FIVE: CONCLUSION
11. Towards the Ecologically Sustainable Business Organization?