This rapid reference delivers…
• Detailed coverage of medication usage—including both FDA-approved and evidence-based off-label uses.
• Precautions and warnings help readers avoid prescribing errors and adverse drug interactions.
• Emphasis on recent and highly used medications, with older and less often used agents grouped in an Appendix.
• Convenient, reader-friendly organization makes essential information easy to find and use.
NEW to the Fifth Edition…
• Increased focus on medication effects and cost-effectiveness
• New information on cardiac function and risk factors in patients taking stimulants
• Long-term suicide risks associated with SSRIs
• Longer term outcomes of major depression treatment
• Use of anticonvulsant medications in patients with bipolar disorder
• Weight gain in patients taking antipsychotics