Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
This third English edition is based on new material from the fourth and fifth German editions (Windkraftanlagen: Systemauslegung, Netzintegration und Regelung, 5. Auflage, published by Teubner B.G. Gmbh, July 2009). It answers the question of how, with the proper control and direction, wind turbines can be made to operate more similarly to conventional power plants. The revised third edition addresses the engineering challenges of cost effective transmission and distribution of wind power, such as technical, economic and safety issues. It also incorporates all the recent technical developments in electrical power conversion systems and essential operating conditions, and includes unique, original research findings carried out by the author’s own PhD and Masters students at Kassel University, Germany.
- This popular reference book has been updated to include new material from the fourth and fifth German editions, equating to 12.5% brand new material
- New material covers the ‘hot topic’ of grid connection for offshore wind farms and offshore technologies, including lots of illustrations
- Brand new material on low voltage fault dynamics and control of turbines
- Includes up-to-date coverage on completely new generator developments for wind turbines, developed over the past two years
- Illustrates how wind turbines can operate like conventional power plants using advanced control systems.
- Discusses the profitability of wind turbine integration in electrical power grids, and the environmental impact
Professor Siegfried Heier, Universitaet Kassel, Institut fuer Elektrische Energietechnik, Germany
Siegfried Heier is currently the Head of the Wind Engineering department at Kassel University, Germany. He has been a Professor at the university since 1979. He is the initiator and head of many research projects in the field of wind engineering and he has published more than 70 articles about generator systems, and control and grid integration of wind energy converts. Professor Heier has also written books in the area, such as Windkraftanlagen (B.G. Teubner), now in its 5th Edition. Siegfried currently holds two patents.