Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part One: Success in College Reading
- Chapter 1: Successful Attitudes for College Learning
- Chapter 2: The Basics of College Textbook Reading
Part Two: Vocabulary: The Key to Meaning
- Chapter 3: Using Context Clues
- Chapter 4: Using Word Parts and Learning new Vocabulary
Part Three: Comprehension Skills and Learning Skills
- Chapter 5: Reading as Thinking
- Chapter 6: Understanding Paragraphs: Topics, Stated Main Ideas, and Implied Main Ideas
- Chapter 7: Understanding Paragraphs: Supporting Details and Transitions
- Chapter 8: Following the Author’s Thought Patterns
- Troubleshooting Guide: Solutions to the Top 10 Reading and Study Problems
Part Four: Textbook Reading Skills
- Chapter 9: Reading Graphic and Visuals
- Chapter 10: Textbook Reading: Organizing and Remembering Information
Part Five: Critical Reading Skills
- Chapter 11: Interpreting the Writer’s Message and Purpose
- Chapter 12: Evaluating: Asking Critical Questions
Part Six: A Fiction Mini Reader
Part Seven: A Contemporary Issues Mini Reader