Only three copies
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Guided Approach to Intermediate and Advanced Coding is a one-of-a-kind book that moves beyond basic coding to the advanced skills that get job candidates hired. Using real medical documentation, students learn key parts of the medical record, how to analyze records, what to code, what not to code, and the rationale behind these decisions. Practice exercises introduce students to different coding settings (physician office, hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient) and leveled cases build analytic skills. Covering ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding sets, the text bridges the gap between beginning and intermediate/advanced level coding so students are more prepared for the real world.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: MEDICAL CODING OVERVIEW
1. The Role of the Medical Coder in Health Care
2. Documentation and Coding Review
SECTION II: INTERMEDIATE CODING: A GUIDED APPROACH
3. Intermediate Physician Office Coding
4. Intermediate Outpatient Hospital Coding
5. Intermediate Inpatient Hospital Coding
SECTION III: ADVANCED CODING
6. Advanced Physician Office Coding
7. Advanced Outpatient Hospital Coding
8. Advanced Inpatient Hospital Coding
APPENDIX A: Instructions for Accessing ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, and ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Draft Set Coding Guidelines
APPENDIX B: Instructions for Accessing Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set Guidelines
APPENDIX C: Instructions for Accessing the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines for Evaluation and Management Services