What is included with this book?
DIY hardware hacking...easy as Pi ®!
Raspberry Pi is taking off like a rocket! You can use this amazing, dirt-cheap, credit card-sized computer to learn powerful hardware hacking techniques as you build incredibly creative and useful projects! This complete, full-color guide requires absolutely no experience with either hardware hacking or computer programming. Colorful photos guide you through each project, and the step-by-step instructions are stunningly clear and easy!
1. Start with the absolute basics:
2. Next, build all these great projects:
3. Then, master all these cutting-edge techniques:
Timothy L. Warner has helped thousands of beginners succeed with technology in business and in schools. Until recently a digital media specialist with Pearson Technology Group, he worked in various facets of information technology, including systems administration, software architecture, and technical training. He is the author of The Unauthorized Guide to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Repair.
Part I. Hardware Foundations
1. What is Raspberry Pi?
2. Hardware Components Quick Start
3. A Tour of Raspbery Pi Peripheral Devices
Part II. Software Foundations
4. Installing and Configuring Raspbian
5. Linux Fundamentals
6. Networking Raspberry Pi
7. Programming Raspberry Pi
Part III. Basic Raspberry Pi Projects
8. A Raspberry Pi Media Center
9. A Raspberry Pi Retro Game Station
10. A Raspberry Pi Firewall and Personal VPN
11. A Raspberry Pi Web Server
12. A Raspberry Pi Webcam/Time Lapse Device
13. A Raspberry Pi Picture Frame
Part IV. Hacking the Raspberry Pi
14. CPU Overclocking
15. Linking Raspberry Pi with Arduino
16. Delving into Robotics
Appendix A. Compendium of Raspberry Pi Resources