Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Innovative, systematic, and easy to understand, Health Assessment in Nursing has already helped thousands of RN-level students develop the comprehensive knowledge base and expert nursing assessment skills necessary for accurate collection of client data.
In this revised Fifth Edition, the authors provide in-depth, accurate information, a compelling Continuing Case Study that covers every step in the assessment process, a focus on diversity and health assessment through the lifespan, a striking photo and illustration program that includes photos of practicing registered nurses and nurse practitioners performing assessments, dynamic online video clips and animations, and much more.
Using this book you’ll have everything at your fingertips to master the knowledge and assessment skills you’ll need in your nursing career.
- Master the “how-to’s” of conducting a nursing assessment through the real world Continuing Case Study in every chapter that introduces a client with a health concern, guides you through investigation of symptoms using the COLDSPA mnemonic, and demonstrates a physical assessment, proper documentation techniques, diagnostic reasoning, and appropriate nursing conclusions.
- Access an easy-to-understand tool for data collection with the Collecting Subjective Data: Nursing Health History table, which presents Information in two columns: Questions that you will ask the client and Rationales explaining why the questions are important.
- Master every aspect of the physical examination through the Collecting Objective Data: Physical Examination table, which illustrates physical examination procedures in a step-by-step fashion across three columns: Assessment Procedure (which explains and illustrates exactly how to perform specific aspects of the examination), Normal Findings, and Abnormal Findings.
- Identify important distinctions