Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Kevin Bradley Wright is Professor and Chair of the Department of Communication at Saint Louis University, USA.
Lisa Sparks is Foster and Mary McGaw Endowed Professor in Behavioral Sciences at Chapman University, USA, and Full Faculty Member of the NCI-designated Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of California, Irvine.
H. Dan O’Hair is a Presidential Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Oklahoma, USA.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction
1. Overview of Communication and Health
Part II: Interpersonal Perspectives
2. Provider–Patient Communication
3. Caregiving and Communication
Part III: Social, Cultural, and Organizational Contexts
4. Social Support and Health
5. Culture and Diversity Issues in Healthcare
6. Communication and Healthcare Organizations
Part IV: Influences of Technologies and Media
7. New Technologies and Health Communication
8. Mass Communication and Health
Part V: Risk, Campaigns, Communities, and Teams
9. Risk and Crisis Communication
10. Health Campaigns and Community Health Initiatives
11. Interdisciplinary Healthcare Teams
Part VI: Contexts, Challenges, and Choices
12. Political Issues And Health Communication
13. Epilogue: Looking Toward the Future of Health Communication Research