Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
For BSN and MSN courses in health promotion, and as a supplement to community nursing courses.
This book presents a strong, up-to-date foundation for understanding and building the science and practice of health promotion. It has three goals: to introduce the major individual and community models and theories that guide health promotion interventions; to offer evidence-based strategies for effective health promotion in practice settings; and to foster critical thinking about future opportunities for research and more effective interventions. This Sixth Edition is thoroughly updated to reflect the latest research and terminology.
New coverage includes: the U.S. Government's Healthy People 2020 Goals; more ecological approaches encompassing families, communities, and nations; new health promotion technologies, and more.
Whether you're an undergraduate or graduate nursing student or a nurse practitioner, Health Promotion in Nursing Practice, 4/e offers comprehensive coverage of the nurse's role in the promotion of healthful lifestyles and the prevention of disease.
Included are analyses of various definitions of health, clear-cut models for understanding health promotion, and effective assessment tools and strategies. All nurses can assist individuals and families establish healthier lifestyles. This text is the tool that outlines how.
New to the Fourth Edition!
-Healthy People 2001: Featured throughout the text are relevant, day-to-day examples.
-Directions for Practice: This special section at the end of each chapter provides practical examples for application.
-Expanded focus: New coverage includes discussions of vulnerable populations and questions of how health disparities can be eliminated.
Table of Contents
Part I. The Human Quest for Health
1. Toward a Definition of Health
2. Individual Models to Promote Health Behavior
3. Community Models to Promote Health
Part II. Planning for Health Promotion and Prevention
4. Assessing Health and Health Behaviors
5. Developing a Health Promotion—Prevention Plan
Part III. Interventions for Health Promotion and Prevention
6. Physical Activity and Health Promotion
7. Nutrition and Health Promotion
8. Stress Management and Health Promotion
9. Social Support and Health
Part IV. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Health Promotion
10. Evaluating Individual and Community Interventions
Part V. Health Promotion in Diverse Populations
11. Self-Care for Health Promotion Across the Life Span
12. Health Promotion in Vulnerable Populations
Part VI. Approaches for Promoting a Healthier Society
13. Health Promotion in Community Settings
14. Promoting Health Through Social and Environmental Change