Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
This extensively updated text fully equips today’s occupational and physical therapists with indispensable knowledge about rapidly-evolving policy developments that are reshaping their professions. Health Services, Third Edition reflects PPACA (US health care reform); major changes to Medicare and reimbursement policies, and other key trends that are impacting practitioners or soon will. Health Services, Third Edition explains the principles and major structures of health services; reviews how policies and systems affect therapists’ ability to serve patients, and shows how to be an effective advocate for both private and public policy change. The authors explore access, cost, quality, licensure, informed consent, medical liability, and many other key issues. A new chapter on global and population health integrates important public health topics, and substantial new content is provided on special education and mental health care systems.
Table of Contents
1. Public Policy and Therapists
2. Access and Cost of Health Care
3. Quality of Health Care
4. Public Policies Addressing Social Disablement
5. Effecting Policy Change: Therapist as Advocate
6. Fundamentals of Insurance
7. Private Insurance and Therapy Practice
9. Medicaid, SCHIP, Military/ Veterans Medical Insurance, Indian Health Service
10. The Acute Medical Care System
11. The Post Acute Health Care System
12. Special Education and Mental Health Care Systems
13. Global and Population Health