Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Ideal for learners with no prior experience and those seeking refresher training, Healthcare Documentation: Fundamentals and Practice, 4/e is the most comprehensive healthcare documentation learning system available. It begins with a thorough overview of the medicolegal and technology aspects of healthcare documentation, including key trends such as electronic health records, security, privacy, and speech recognition. Next, it provides integrated content linked to 10 hours of authentic medical dictation practice. Extensive exercises in the text combine with online audio exercises to systematically reinforce core knowledge and build critical thinking, editing, and research skills. The final chapter focuses on finding employment and preparing students for the workplace, professional development, and continuing education. This edition has been extensively revised for the latest industry trends and techniques, contains many new learning features, and offers a compelling new full-color design with many new illustrations.
Table of Contents
1. Perspectives on the Medical Transcription Profession
2. Perspectives on Technology
3. Perspectives on the Healthcare Record
4. Perspectives on Research Skills, Interpreting Dictation, Proofreading, and Editing
5. Perspectives on Style
Part II. The Practice of Medical Transcription
7. Internal Medicine (Geriatrics, Endocrinology, Hematology, Oncology)
9. Family Medicine (ENT, Pediatrics)
10. Pulmonary Medicine
Part III. Medical Transcription in the Workplace
20. Work Environments and Professional Issues