Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
M. L. West was a Fellow and Praelector at University College, Oxford, from 1963 to 1974, then Professor of Greek at Bedford College and Royal Holloway Colleges, London, till 1991, and a Senior Research Fellow at All Souls College, Oxford, from 1991 to 2004. He continues to live and work in Oxford.
Table of Contents
1. A New Epode of Archilochus
2. Archilochus and Telephos
3. The Date of Alcman
4. Burning Sappho
5. The New Sappho
6. Alcaeus' Brother
10. Simonides Redivivus
11. Pindar as a Man of Letters
12. The Chronology of Early Attic Tragedy
13. The Religious Interpretation of Myth in Aeschylus
14. Zeus in Aeschylus
15. King and Demos in Aeschylus
16. Colloquialism and Naive Style in Aeschylus
17. Where Eagles Dare: The Parodos of the Agamemnon
18. On Garvie s Choephori
19. Iliad and Aethiopis on the Stage: Aeschylus and Son
20. The Prometheus Trilogy
21. Ancestral Curses
22. Euripides' Critique of Aeschylus: Electra 518-46
23. Author's Afterthoughts in Orestes
24. The End of Iphigeneia in Aulis
25. A Vagina in Search of an Author
26. A New Musical Papyrus: Carcinus Medea
27. The Song of Arion the Dolphin-rider (PMG 939)
29. Who's Afraid of Dating Corinna?
30. The Epidaurian Hymn to the Mother of the Gods
31. The Anacreontea
Supplementary list of publications relating to lyric and drama
Greek Words and Forms