As a buyer on our Marketplace, there may be times when a purchased item does not meet your expectations. We want you to know eCampus.com is here to help when this happens and we have put in place a Buyer Protection Policy to protect you as a buyer.
Here's what you should expect when purchasing from the Marketplace:
- From the date of your order, the seller has five (5) business days to confirm your order.
- You'll receive a ship confirmation email when the seller ships your order. Tracking information along with the seller's contact information will be provided in that email and will also be available in your eCampus.com account.
- If you have not received a ship confirmation email within five (5) business days your order will automatically be cancelled by eCampus.com and you will be issued a full refund back to your original form of payment within 5-7 business days.
How to Contact a Seller
If you have questions once you place your order, you can contact the seller through your eCampus.com My Account.
- Sign in to your eCampus.com My Account.
- Click ‘Order History'.
- Select the appropriate order number.
- Click the blue 'Contact Seller' link.
- Enter your message you would like to send the seller.
- Click the orange 'Send Email' button.
If you don't receive a response from the seller within 2 business days please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work quickly to help resolve your issue.
Issues Covered Under the Buyer Protection Policy
Your order was cancelled.
There are two possible reasons why your order was cancelled:
- The seller cancelled the order because they no longer have the book in stock.
- eCampus.com cancelled the order because the seller did not confirm and ship the order within the allotted five (5) business days.
Cancelled orders are refunded back to the original method of payment used within 5-7 business days.
Tracking information is missing or is incorrect.
If the tracking information is missing or incorrect, you should contact the seller and ask them to provide the tracking information for your order. If the seller doesn't respond to your email, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help to resolve your issue.
Your book is taking longer than expected.
If it has been over 20 business days since you placed your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue a full refund on the order.
Your book was damaged during shipment.
We provide sellers with instructions on how to securely pack and ship Marketplace orders. Additionally, we encourage sellers to insure their packages with the shipping carrier. If your book was damaged during shipment, please contact the seller to resolve the issue. If a resolution cannot be reached, contact us at email@example.com and we will help to resolve your issue.
The condition of the book is different than how the seller described it.
We rely on the seller to be honest when describing the items they have for sale. If the book was received in a condition different than the seller originally listed it, please contact the seller to resolve the issue. If a resolution cannot be reached, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help to resolve your issue.
The ISBN of the book is different than what you ordered.
Sellers are required to list their book under the ISBN printed on the back of the book by the publisher. If the ISBN of the book you received does not match the ISBN of the book you ordered, please contact the seller to resolve the issue. If a resolution cannot be reached, contact us at email@example.com and we will help to resolve your issue.
- We ask that you first attempt to contact the seller with any issue that occurs with your Marketplace order. Please give the seller 2 business days to respond to your request before contacting our customer service team.
- If you have filed a dispute or initiated a chargeback with your financial institution then it is possible you may be excluded from our Buyer Protection Policy.
- You have a maximum of 25 business days from the date of your order to file an Incident Inquiry Form.
Deception and Fraud
The Buyer Protection Policy is in place to protect our customers. Any attempt to abuse this policy will be investigated further. eCampus.com reserves the right to suspend the membership of any buyer or seller we feel has attempted to commit fraud by abusing this policy for personal gain. eCampus.com also reserves the right to withhold payment from the seller, debit the seller's checking account, or charge a seller's credit card in order to recover damages related to fraud. In addition, abuse of this policy is a criminal offense and violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
After I Submit an Incident Inquiry Form
Once you submit an Incident Inquiry, eCampus.com will attempt to contact the seller to resolve your issue. If a response is not received within 2 business days or a resolution is not reached, eCampus.com will issue a full refund back to the original method of payment within 5-7 business days.