Not all Virtual Bookstores may have this option. Please see your Virtual Bookstore for available options or call 1-877-284-6744 for Customer Service.
What is an eBook?
eTextbooks are digital versions of print textbooks enhanced with features such as high-speed search and electronic note-taking. These eTextbooks contain the same content as a print textbook. We carry over one hundred thousand electronic textbooks and electronic books available for purchase. Once you purchase an ebook from eCampus.com, you will receive an email with a link to access your etextbook. eTextbooks are a cheaper, environmentally friendly alternative for college textbooks.
If an ebook is available for the textbook you are looking for, the option to add this version to the cart will appear. Once you purchase an eBook, you will receive information on how access your eBook as soon as the order has processed in to our system. The access information will also be available in the My Account section, under My eBooks.
Due to copyright restrictions, the eBooks we offer can only be accessed in the United States, its territories and military bases, and Canada.
Your Virtual Bookstore offers both VitalSource and ecampus ebooks. Please see below on access information regarding both.
Once you purchase a VitalSource ebook from your Virtual Bookstore, it will be immediately available on your account. There is a link from the order confirmation page to your ebook library so you can begin reading. When you access your first VitalSource eBook, you'll be asked to create a unique username and password. Use this information to sign in to the VitalSource site every time you want to read this eBook. You can also access it at any time via your account at your Virtual Bookstore's website.
Once you have rented a VitalSource eBook, you can access that book for the stated subscription period, typically matching the term of use (e.g. 180 days for 1 semester, 360 days for 2 semesters). During your subscription period you can search within the book, add notes and read the book. You can also check-out (download) the book to your computer for offline access and there are printing options as well.
Once you purchase an eCampus.com ebook from your Virtual Bookstore, it will be immediately available on your account.
- Visit your Virtual Bookstore
- At the top-right of the page, select "Sign in to your account"
- Log in using the email address and password used to place your order.
- After logging in, select eBook Library.
- At the eBook Library, select the "Download Now" option for the Free eCampus Reader Application.
- This link will take you to the "Device Compatibility Matrix" which will help determine which application platform is appropriate for your operating system. The customer will select the application store which supports their specific operating system.
- You will be immediately directed to download the eCampus.com Reader application. Select the download button labeled "Free" and the application will begin to download.
- Once the application is finished loading, select open and the eCampus.com Reader will open. The first screen you will see is the "Home" screen. This will be a "bookshelf" and will contain 2 items ("The Hound of Baskervilles" which is a free sample and the "eCampus.com Reader User guide").
- Next you will need to activate the device. Select the "Information" button in the bottom right of the screen. This will take you to the settings menu. The user name and password used here will be the same as the My Account log in credentials for the eBook that was purchased. Select Activate and wait until your account links to the application.
- After your account has been activated, return to your default web browser, where you are logged into your My Account on the Virtual Bookstore. Select the "eBook Library" link. Select the book that you would like to load onto your "eCampus.com Reader" application. Now that you have downloaded the eCampus.com Reader, you may select the orange "Yes – I am ready to Download" button.
- Your default web browser will then load a page titled acs.ecampus.com. Select the "Open in 'eCampus.com'" button. This will redirect you to the eCampus.com Reader Application. You will see a blue book icon with a download symbol in the corner. Please allow a moment for your book to load.
How to Purchase
We carry over one hundred thousand electronic textbooks and electronic books available for download. Ebooks are a cheaper, environmentally friendly alternative for college textbooks. If an ebook is available for the textbook you are looking for, the option to add this version to the cart will appear. Once you purchase an eBook, you will receive information on how to download and/or access your eBook as soon as the order has processed in to our system. The access information information will also be available in the My Account section, under My eBooks.
Printing VitalSource eBooks
VitalSource users may print up to ten (10) pages at one time from either the Online Version or the Downloadable Version of an eTextbook. Additionally, there is a limit to the total number of pages that one can print for each book. This limit is 150% of the pages in the book. For instance, if the book contains 200 pages then you may print 300 pages. As there are many pages (e.g., Copyright, Index) in most books that subscribers will not want to print, the page-print limit should not impact your ability to print all relevant pages. A dialogue box will appear when you have reached this 150% print page limit.
eBook Return Policy
VitalSource and eCampus eBook purchases may be considered for a refund only when the purchase has been made within the previous 10 days and less than 20% of the content has been viewed or printed. Also, supplements that might be included with a new textbook purchase such as DVDs, CD ROMs, Study Guides, passkeys to alternate websites, etc, are usually not included when you select the eBook version of the text, so this would not be grounds for a return or refund. Contact our Customer Service department to ask if a refund may be possible.
eBook information sent via email which provides a redemption code or log-in information to a publisher website may be eligible for a refund only if we can verify the product has not been used and/or the publisher allows access to be removed or disabled. Contact our Customer Service department to ask if a refund may be possible.
iBooks are not returnable/refundable.
Printed access cards if you are accessing an eBook after logging into a website using a code provided on a printed access card, that card is not refundable or returnable if the code has been exposed or scratched off or if the card has been opened. The card must be in the same New condition it was in when shipped to you and is subject to the same 30 day return period that applies to books.