Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Mike Henle is Associate Director of MBA Career Services at The College of William and Mary’s Mason School of Business. Previous to this role he held various staff and faculty positions at the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management including Director of the Undergraduate Business Career Center. Additionally, he served in a faculty position at St. Mary’s University Minnesota and adjunct faculty positions in several community colleges. Possessing an MBA in finance, an MA in educational psychology, and a BA in psychology, Mike has over 20 years of experience in the areas of leadership, professional development and corporate finance. He has made presentations at numerous national and regional conferences.
Mike Stebleton, Ph.D., is a faculty member in the Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. He recently held adjunct faculty positions at St. Mary's University of Minnesota and Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, MN. Additionally, Stebleton worked as a counseling faculty member at a community college for over three years. His research interests include: narrative approaches to career development, the role of media on career-decision making, and multicultural influences impacting career. Mike is one of the authors of a textbook titled: Hired: The Job Hunting/Career-Planning Guide , 3 ed., published by Prentice-Hall (2006). He has presented at numerous state and national career development conferences.
UNIT 1. DISCOVERING YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF
1. Know Yourself: A Self-Awareness Journey
2. Charting the Future: Goal Setting and Decision Making for Life
3. Researching Careers: The Changing Nature of Work
4. Exploring Through Experience: Learning Outside the Classroom
UNIT 2. CREATING OPPORTUNITIES
5. Developing Your Portfolio: Self-Managed Career Planning
6. Connecting to Employers: Job Search Correspondence and Job Applications
7. Marketing Tools: Your Resume and References
UNIT 3. SELLING YOUR TALENTS
8. Networking and Job Sourcing: Grow Your Possibilities
9. Interviewing: Achieve Job Search Results
UNIT 4. BALANCING YOUR CAREER AND PERSONAL LIFE
10. Navigating: Your Professional Direction
11. Cultivating Meaningful Connections: Personal Goals, Work-Life Balance, and Relationships
12. Financing Your Life: Planning and Implementing a Financial Plan