Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Janet Burton gained her BA at the University of London and her DPhil at the University of York before moving to Wales, where she is now Professor of Medieval History in the School of Archaeology, History, and Anthropology at University of Wales: Trinity Saint David. She is the author of books, articles, and papers on monastic history, many of her publications being focussed on the north of England. She is co-director of the 'Monastic Wales' project, and one of the two general editors of the Journal of Medieval Monastic Studies.
Table of Contents
1. The Historia Selebiensis monasterii
2. St Germanus, Auxerre, and the foundation of Selby Abbey
3. Selby and the Kings of England
4. Selby in its Monastic Context
5. Selby in its Local Context
6. The Miracles
7. The Historia Selebiensis monasterii: sources
8. The Selby Monk and his Audience
9. Editorial Method
Text and translation
List of sources