Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Pamela Gore provides hands on activities in this 1st edition Historical Geology Lab Manual. Her authoritative figure within Historical Geology is shown throughout the text of this book.
The laboratories in this manual cover the following topics: rocks and minerals, weathering of rocks and the formation of sediment, sedimentary rocks and structures, depositional sedimentary environments, sand sieve analysis, relative dating, stratigraphy and lithologic correlation, fossils on the Internet, invertebrate macrofossils, microfossils, preservation, biostratigraphy, evolution, vertebrate paleontology, and interpreting geologic history from maps.
Table of Contents
- Lab 1: Relative Dating
- Lab 2: Rocks and Minerals
- Lab 3: Weathering of Rocks and the Formation of Sediment
- Lab 4: Sedimentary Rocks
- Lab 5: Sedimentary Structures
- Lab 6: Depositional Sedimentary Environments
- Lab 7: Stratigraphy and Lithologic Correlation
- Lab 8: Fossils on the Internet
- Lab 9: Microfossils and Introduction to the Tree of Life
- Lab 10: Invertebrate Macrofossils and Classification of Organisms
- Lab 11: Fossil Preservation and Trace Fossils
- Lab 12: The Evolution of the Vertebrates