from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
For undergraduate courses in History, Political Science, Jewish Studies, International Relations, Foreign Relations, and Diplomatic History that specifically cover the Arab-Israeli Conflict or the Middle East.
This concise and comprehensive survey presents balanced, impartial, and well-illustrated coverage of the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict. The authors identify and examine the issues and themes that have characterized and defined the conflict over the past century. The Sixth Edition examines many of the developments that have occurred during the first decade of the 21st century.
The text offer comprehensive coverage of critical issues–including Great Power rivalries, the causes and results of the major wars, the evolution of Palestinian nationalism, the Israeli-occupied territories and the Intifada, and the course of the peace process. It gives students a clear understanding of the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Ian J. Bickerton, University of New South Wales
Carla L. Klausner, University of Missouri-Kansas City
Table of Contents
Tables, Charts, and Maps
1. Palestine in the Nineteenth Century
2. Palestine During the Mandate
3. World War II, Jewish Displaced Persons, and the Partition of Palestine
4. The Proclamation of Israel and the First Arab-Israeli War
5. The Conflict Widens: Suez, 1956
6. The Turning Point: June 1967
7. Holy Days and Holy War: October 1973
8. The Search for Peace, 1973-1979
9. Lebanon and the Intifada
10. The Peace of the Brave
11. The Peace Progresses
12. Collapse of the Peace Process
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict in the Post-9/11 World
14. Perilous Times: 2005-2009
Guide to Pronunciation