ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Charts the deep, diverse history of the largest continent
A History of Asia is the only text to cover the area known as "monsoon Asia"--India, China, Korea, Japan, and Southeast Asia--from the earliest times to the present.
Written by leading scholar Rhoads Murphey, the book uses an engaging, lively tone to chronicle the complex political, social, intellectual, and economic histories of this area. Popular because of its scope and coverage, as well as its illustrations, maps, and many boxed primary sources, the new edition of A History of Asia continues as a leader in its field.
0205233554 / 9780205233557 History of Asia, A Plus MySearchLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205168558 / 9780205168552 History of Asia, A 1
0205239927 / 9780205239924 MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
Contents by Country or Region
List of Maps
List of Documents
Author's Note to the Reader
About the Author
A Note on the Spelling of Asian Names and Words
Map: Monsoon Asia
Introduction: Monsoon Asia as a Unit of Study.
1. PREHISTORIC ASIA.
2. ASIAN RELIGIONS AND THEIR CULTURES.
3. THE TRADITIONAL SOCIETIES OF ASIA.
4. THE CIVILIZATION OF ANCIENT INDIA.
5. THE CIVILIZATION OF ANCIENT CHINA.
6. MEDIEVAL INDIA.
7. EARLY AND MEDIEVAL SOUTHEAST ASIA.
8. CHINA : A GOLDEN AGE.
9. EARLY, CLASSICAL, AND MEDIEVAL JAPAN AND KOREA.
10. MUGHAL INDIA AND CENTRAL ASIA.
11. NEW IMPERIAL SPLENDOR IN CHINA: THE MING DYNASTY.
12. THE WEST ARRIVES IN ASIA.
13. MANCHU CHINA AND TOKUGAWA JAPAN.
14. THE RISE OF BRITISH POWER IN INDIA.
15. THE TRIUMPH OF IMPERIALISM IN ASIA.
16. SUBJUGATION, NATIONALISM, AND REVOLUTION IN CHINA AND INDIA.
17. THE STRUGGLE FOR ASIA , 1920-1945.
18. REVIVAL AND REVOLUTION IN JAPAN AND CHINA.
19. KOREA AND SOUTHEAST ASIA IN THE MODERN WORLD.
20. SOUTH ASIA : INDEPENDENCE , POLITICAL DIVISION, AND DEVELOPMENT.
21. ASIA IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY.