Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Explore the possibilities remaining for historical study.
This book explores the possibilities remaining for historical study in the face of the current trends, including postcolonialism, postmodernism, and deconstruction, among others.
This text is available in a variety of formats – digital and print. Pearson offers its titles on the devices students love through CourseSmart, Amazon, and more.
Upon completing this text, readers will be able to:
- Understand how to examine trends in history.
- Understand how historical events influence today’s world.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What Was History?
Chapter 2: What Is History?
Chapter 3: Problems Of Historical Knowledge: Historicism, Presentism, and the Writing Of History
Chapter 4: Cross-Pollination
Chapter 5: Varieties Of History
Chapter 6: Historical Actors
Chapter 7: Post Modernist (Re)visions
Chapter 8: Post-Colonialism and the Scope of History
Chapter 9: The Future of History