Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Philip Wood is Lecturer in Early Medieval History at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
1. Sophronius of Jerusalem and the End of Roman History
2. Identity, philosophy, and the problem of Armenian history in the sixth century
Tara L. Andrews
3. The Chronicle of Seert and Roman ecclesiastical history in the Sasanian world
4. Why were the Syrians interested in Greek philosophy?
5. You are What You Read: Qenneshre and the Miaphysite Church in the Seventh Century
6. The Prophet's City before the Prophet: Ibn Zab?la (d. after 199/814) on Pre-Islamic Medina
7. Topoi and Topography in the histories of al-??ra
8. 'The Crinkly Haired People of the Black Earth'; examining Egyptian identities in Ibn 'Abd al-?akam's Fut??
9. Forgetting Ctesiphon: Iran's Pre-Islamic Past, ca. 800-1100
10. Legal knowledge and local practices under the early Abbasids