Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
How to Coach Your Team helps business managers coach their teams to peak professional performance.
· Becoming a team coach – coaching skills for team managers
· Understanding your team - identifying how your team works; deciphering personalities and motivations; building the right environment for success
· Achieving better outcomes – setting goals; managing performance; facilitating collaboration
· Building a happier team – building trust; giving and receiving feedback; having positive conversations
· Improving team communication – working smartly; improving meetings; working virtually
· A team coaching plan to help you put it all together and stay on track
How to Coach Your Team is a toolkit for working together with your team to achieve success. Many of the questionnaires and ideas can be shared and there are guided opportunities to assess and monitor your progress on a regular basis.
Pam Jones is a Programme Manager at Ashridge (performance management, influencing, leadership and general management skills). She's completed assignments with HSBC, with Mount Eliza Business School in Australia and throughout South East Asia, China and the Middle East.
Viki Holton is Research Fellow and Faculty member at Ashridge. She has worked on a range of different topic areas specializing in women's leadership, management and organisational behaviour.
Angela Jowitt is a full-time faculty member, executive coach and client director at Ashridge as well as one of the founder members of the Ashridge Experiential Learning team.
Who is this book for?
What is Team Coaching?
The difference between individual and team coaching
Why team coaching?
How to use this book
Part 1: Team Coaching Essentials
Chapter 1: Your role
Chapter 2: Developing your skills
Chapter 3: Coaching your team
Chapter 4: Understanding your team
Chapter 5: Mapping your team
Chapter 6: Getting started
Part 2: Achieving Game Changing Results
Focus on Outcomes
Chapter 7: Purpose, goals and roles
Chapter 8: Managing Performance
Chapter 9: Collaborating with others
Chapter 10: Working with change
Focus on People
Chapter 11: Building engagement
Chapter 12: Resilience proofing your team
Chapter 13: Developing trust
Chapter 14: Developing team potential
Focus on Communication
Chapter 15: Positive conversations
Chapter 16: Holding great meetings
Chapter 17: Virtual and cross cultural teams
Chapter 18: Creating your communication plan
Part 3: Pulling it all Together
Chapter 19: Ten common team challenges
Chapter 20: Frequently asked questions
Chapter 21: Getting support and developing your skills