How to Manage has been officially shortlisted in the 'practical manager' category for the 2017 Management Book of the Year prize which has just been announced by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the British Library.
Managing well is about getting things done. This book will show you what you need to do.
How to Manage is the definitive how-to of management. Based on years of management practice in some of the world’s leading organisations, it cuts through the theory to show you how to develop the skills, behaviours, political abilities and emotions to thrive as a manager.
In How to Manage you’ll learn to:
- Evaluate your management potential
- Assess each member of your team and help them discover how they can improve
- Identify and build the core skills you need to do well
- Recognise the rules of success in your particular organisation
- Manage in a virtual world
Cuts right through all the myths and mysteries to get straight to the heart of what it really takes to plan, organise, direct and deliver results.
‘All the science, tools and techniques that any manager will need to be successful.’
Graeme Duncan, Chief Executive of Right to Succeed